Skip to main content

What is Rom Manager?

What is Rom Manager?

Rom Manager is used to install Clockworkmod for your Phone/Tablet Android Device. Rom Manager also allows you to install a ROM from Clockworkmod Recovery, with just a click of the button!

Rom Manager is a User Friendly way to Flash new Roms, and get your ClockworkMod Recovery up and running for your device.

First you just go to the play store and download Rom Manager, There is also a premium edition for a small fee, and you start from there and install and or flash recovery to your device from there, It will download the libraries needed, and reboot, then from there you can download Cyanogenmod onto your device, or whatever ROM you want, and choose to install it from Rom Manager, and it will simply reboot, and install in Clockworkmod Recovery right before your eyes.
For Novice users: Just make sure you always get a ROM that was made for your phone, or ask a friendly XDA Developer to help you port one over that you might like. Don't ask too much though, they are constantly busy working on new ROMS and new ways to user your device with all the features you can get from your devices.
The Android Guru Guy, Dayton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ryzen 7 1800X Overview, 1 Week in

Ryzen 7 1800X Overview, 1 Week in Ryzen 7 1800X Overview, 1 Week in The Ryzen family of AMD's processors are here, and they're great so far. So I got my hands on one finally, so this is my Ryzen 7 1800X Overview, 1 Week in. First Glance This is great, AMD has finally phased out the FM2 and AMD3 sockets! It has been WAY overdue, and finally a new board and alignment has hit the market. What this means is, there can be more transistors, and components put onto the chip, which means in return, better performance. It looks beautiful, in terms of it being just a component for a computer, which is just basically a cluster of a lot of components together, as one big machine!  Specs The Ryzen 7 1800X comes stock with the core clock at 3.7GHz with 8 Cores, and 16 Threads. Also including 16MB of L3 Smart Cache. The core clock can also be turbo up to 4.0GHz with an unlocked motherboard. So far so good.  Stock Performance With Cinebench R15 I got a nice score of 1

Playing with the Galaxy S2 SGH-I777

 Playing with the Galaxy S2 SGH-I777   I had a generous person just give me a couple of Galaxy S2's and S3's, However I took immediate interest in the Galaxy S2's, and made one good one out of all the parts. The phone was still a virgin, and still on Gingerbread, thats what interested me so much about it, however that did not last very long. I updated it to the 4.1.2, rooted, and installed Carbon ROM. Very smooth, I could safely say I would rock this phone as a daily driver, if I did not have a newer phone. Is it sad that this phone is rather aging, but I still dig the design? I miss the full set of buttons on the bottom as well. The only thing I don't miss about these old LCD's is the burn ins that majority of the used S2's have, however this one is minimum. YAY! With that being said, What ROMs do you recommend for this good ol' boy? Leave your comments, questions, what have you......

Nexus 5 is Back! 16GB, and 32GB Available!

Nexus 5 is Back! 16GB, and 32GB Available! Just when we thought OH NO! The Nexus 5 Production is DONE! It's back! Google took down every google play phone, except the HTC One M8, and everyone still wanted their Nexus taste at the right price, so it's back! You can get this phone in 2 separate flavors! 16GB is $350, and 32GB is $400! The more powerful Nexus 6 is still way more expensive, so this is a smart move, not everyone will buy the Motorola Nexus phone, Not everyone likes it. The Nexus 5 is still a VERY powerful device, 2GB of RAM, and a 2.5Ghz Quad core Processor (Snapdragon 801!) You cannot go wrong here! My thoughts? As the owner of an LG G2, I feel that I have the long lost twin of the Nexus 5, The G2 is a tiny bit more powerful than the Nexus 5, but for the cosmetic beauty of this device, I would probably straight up trade across for that phone. It's still got a VERY good rating by users for looks and performance. So if you're into the Nexus